The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech invites applications for five positions in the general areas listed below. These are tenure-track at the levels designated below.
- ? Applicants must clearly indicate in their cover letter which one of the three subareas of DMM they are applying.
- Design, Materials and Manufacturing – DMM (Design) with emphasis across all areas of design theory and methodology, design automation, and multi-scale modeling; seeking candidates that integrate strongly with an interdisciplinary team of faculty engaged at the intersection of advanced manufacturing and materials research (multidisciplinary design analysis, topology optimization, design for manufacturing, computer-aided design, systems engineering, materials modeling and design.)
- DMM (Manufacturing) with emphasis across all areas of advanced manufacturing and materials processing technologies (metals, ceramics, and composites); seeking candidates with expertise in metal Additive Manufacturing processes, hybrid manufacturing processes, and design and fabrication of metamaterials.
- DMM (Materials) with emphasis in areas related to modeling, manufacturing , and materials for energy systems; seeking candidates with expertise in energy storage technologies, battery technology from a manufacturing perspective that encompasses the automation of the materials, mechanical, and chemical processes involved, and structure-property-process relationships of materials for energy applications. Search committee chair, Prof. Christopher Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Inviting applications for an endowed/chaired full professor – an exceptionally accomplished scholar with a demonstrated record of extraordinary scholarly achievements, substantial sponsored research, and excellent teaching/advising and service who will create new initiatives within the department and will align the department’s research expenditure with top tiered peer institutions. This position is open to all areas of Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering. Joint or courtesy appointments with other departments such as Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics are possible depending on qualifications. Search committee chair, Prof. Saied Taheri, email@example.com
- – Candidate will have expertise in emerging field of Robotics and Autonomous systems with emphasis on areas including, but not limited to, surgical, micro-nano robotics, human-machine interaction, machine learning, bio-inspired and bio-hybrid robotics, social robotics, and synthetic biology, just to mention a few, which are complementary to already existing expertise in the department. Selection criteria will place more emphasis on strength of scholarship and less on the specific area. We are looking for the strongest candidate with experience in theory, modeling, computation, experimentation, or a combination thereof. Search committee chair, Prof. Alexander Leonessa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Collegiate Faculty Positions
真人做人爱,伊在人线香蕉官网电影The department is also engaged in a search for?. These will be non-tenure track contract positions at Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level depending upon the qualifications of the candidate.
These positions will be filled under posting number?. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV including a list of published journal articles and pedagogical achievements, a one-page teaching statement with an indication of teaching preferences, a brief research statement as applicable, and the names of five references. Applications should be received by Nov. 15, 2019, but applications will be considered until the positions are filled. Inquires should be addressed to the search committee chair, Prof. Clint Dancey,?email@example.com. For assistance submitting the application, contact Ms. Diana Israel,?firstname.lastname@example.org?or (540) 231-6424.
真人做人爱,伊在人线香蕉官网电影Virginia Tech is committed to diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, and people with disabilities. Virginia Tech is a recipient of the National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Award to increase the participation of women in academic science and engineering careers ().
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (http://safariwildz.com/真人做人爱,伊在人线香蕉官网电影), which includes a Nuclear Engineering Program, has 67 faculty, 30 affiliate faculty, annual research expenditures of over $18M, and a current enrollment of 300 graduate students with 180 students at doctoral level, and over 1100 undergraduate students.? With about 400 BS ME degrees awarded each year, the Department is the third largest in the nation in graduating mechanical engineers (2017 ASEE Data.)? The Department is ranked 15th (8th in public schools) and 23rd (12th in public schools) out of all mechanical engineering departments in the nation in undergraduate and graduate education, respectively, by the 2019 U.S. News and World Report.? The department operates under five thrust areas: Robotics and Dynamical Systems (RADS); Bio, Micro, and Nano Systems (BMNS); Energy Engineering and Science (ESS); Design, Materials, and Manufacturing (DMM); and Nuclear Engineering and Science (NES). The Department includes several research centers, and its faculty members are engaged in diverse multidisciplinary research activities. The mechanical engineering faculty also benefit from a number of university-wide institutes such as the Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science (ICTAS), the Biocomplexity Institute, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI); College-level centers such as the Rolls-Royce University Technology Center (UTC) and the state-level Commonwealth of Virginia Center for Aerospace Propulsion Systems (CCAPS), the Virginia Center for Autonomous Systems (VaCAS) and the Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM). Blacksburg is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains and is widely recognized by national rankings as a vibrant and desirable community with affordable living, world-class outdoor recreation, an active arts community, and a diverse international population.